Ashurst is a very popular school with 209 children currently on roll. Our annual published Admission Number for Reception is 30 each year.
Ashurst is a very popular school with 209 children currently on roll.
Our annual published Admission Number for Reception is 30 each year. Application for admission into Reception need to be made direct to St Helens Council.
Admissions will be made according to St. Helens’ Admissions Policy. A copy of the policy and the admissions form can be obtained from the school office from the end of September.
Parents are always welcome to visit school, to look around and to ask questions about the way we do things here.
In our security conscious world it is better to telephone first to make an appointment in order that Lisa Houghton (Head Teacher) or another member of staff may make themselves available to guide you around school.
Primary School Places
If your child will be 4 years old between 1st September 2023 and 31st August 2024 you can apply on-line for a primary school place for September 2024.
If you wish to apply for a primary school outside St Helens, you should contact the relevant Local Authority and ask for information about their application procedure.
The deadline for applications for September 2024 in Reception is 15th January 2024. Parents/carers will be notified on the 16th April 2024 regarding their allocated primary school place.
Why Should I Apply On-Line?
Some of the benefits of applying online are:
- it’s quick and easy to use
- you can apply from home 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- there is no risk of your application being lost in the post
- you can change your preference up to midnight on the published closing date
- you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received
- the offer of a school place will be sent via email so you do not have to wait for the post
If you wish for your child to transfer to us in-year, you will need to contact the Local Authority in the first instance.
Applying for a place in the School Nursery
Applying for January, April and September nursery admission
You can apply for admission the term after your child's third birthday. If your child was born on or between:
- 1 September and 31 December, you can apply for January admission.
- 1 January and 31 March, you can apply for April admission.
- 1 April and 31 August, you can apply for September admission.
Please click on the link below to apply:
However, if you are interested in securing a place for your child please feel free to contact the school on 01744 678150 and speak with Mrs Wilcock, the School Business Manager