Our Equality Objectives
Based on the Equality Act 2010 our school has three key objectives that we are currently focusing on. These are listed below:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Enhance equality of opportunity
- Promote good relations
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through enrichment opportunities within and beyond school
- To ensure access for all pupils to clubs and enrichment opportunities
- To ensure the school site and building is as accessible as possible to all staff, visitors and pupils and ensure new build projects promote accessibility as part of planning.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010
- To reduce prejudice and further enhance understanding of equality through effective teaching within the curriculum and other opportunities as part of whole school events
- Effectively close any gaps in attainment and achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially looked after children, children with special needs and disabilities and children eligible for free school meals
At Ashurst Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. Our culture of inclusion and diversity ensures all within the ‘Family of Ashurst’ feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all through the values we teach.
At Ashurst Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.